- Age : 11-15
- Focus: Long Term Athlete Development and introduction to regular training
- Events: General conditioning plus Sprints (100-200-400m)
- If athletes are also looking at Long/Triple Jump and/or Hurdles this may be offered on a separate day.
- When : Monday and Friday 4pm-5pm – Training will be 2 days per week at AIS track
- Cost : $150 per month
To be considered for this squad athletes must send an Expression of Interest (EOI) email to email@example.com
In the EOI email please outline the following
- Date of birth
- Personal bests
- Other sports played
- History of training in athletics
- Family history in sport if relevant
- History of injuries or other issues that are relevant to training.
Successful athletes will then commence a trial period with the squad. Attitude, behaviour, motivation, ability to work within a group and ability will be assessed during the trial period before the athletes is confirmed in the group.
Athletes will need to also purchase their own tickets or season pass for entry into AIS facility. This is done at the AIS pool reception area.
Please note: Only athletes looking for regular (year round) training should apply. There will be a high expectation of professionalism for success applicants and there may also be sessions completed with the senior / elite squad at times.
DOES THIS SQUAD SUIT ME?
The MBD Development squad represents stage 2 of the Athlete pathway and introduces athletes to a squad environment that trains regularly.
Long term athletic development is the primary focus but athletes in the Development Squad will be introduced to planning, goal setting and some of the requirements needed to become a more serious athlete and target major events of interest.
It is hoped that MBD Development squad athletes will one day develop into elite athletes in their own right and progress into the Senior or the extremely exclusive Elite squad in the future.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0490026875 to register your interest ASAP. If you are not aged between 11-15 but keen to train please contact MattyB DEPT. and we can discuss possible options.