MBD is proud to announce the squad of athletes for 2019-20 season.
The squad is likely to have multiple representatives at the upcoming World Championships (able and para) and then all eyes will then be on Tokyo for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2020.
All athletes will be chasing personal bests during the Australian domestic season which will be highlighted by ACT Champs, Open and Junior nationals and Stawell Gift.
There is an exciting young group of athletes in the MBD Development squad (age 13-17) with several tracking towards the Elite squad by the time they turn 18.
2019/20 MBD Squads
MBD Elite (18+)
MBD Squad (18+)
MBD Development Squad (13-17)
*Athlete Performances tracking to elite squad
If you are interested in applying for any of the squads please send an email of interest to Matt Beckenham at email@example.com
A superb weekend of athletics has wrapped up in Canberra with 3 exciting days of competition at the Coles 2019 ACT Athletics Championships.
The squad was represented by 14 athletes and we witnessed multiple PB’s and a medal tally of 24 including – 15 Gold, 3 Silver and 6 Bronze. It was also fantastic to see so many of the squad who weren’t competing out there supporting everyone.
Thank you to ACT Athletics and all officials, volunteers and helpers for their contribution to another hugely successful event. I am proud to see our association’s showcase event being so well supported with over 700 athletes entered this year.
- 30 year old Lauren Wells runs a World Championship in the 400m Hurdles with 55.47 and also backs this up with a new PB in the 200m 23.47.
- Jordan Shelley runs a new PB and goes within inches of running of running sub 21 seconds with 21.01
- 4 Gold for Molly Sturgiss in under 18 age group
Gold Medal (including 1st ACT athlete)
- Lauren Wells – Open 400m Hurdles
- Lauren Wells – Open 200m (1st ACT)
- Jordan Shelley – Open 200m (1st ACT)
- Tom Agnew – Open 100m (1st ACT)
- Sarah Blizzard – Open 100m (1st ACT)
- Sarah Walsh – Open Para Long Jump
- Sarah Walsh – Open Para 100m
- Tamara Hotten – Under 20m 100m
- Molly Sturgiss – Under 18 400m Hurdles
- Molly Sturgiss – Under 18 100m (1st ACT)
- Molly Sturgiss – Under 18 200m (1st ACT)
- Molly Sturgiss – Under 18 400m
- Charlotte Nicholson – Under 16 100m (1st ACT)
- Charlotte Nicholson – Under 16 200m (1st ACT)
- Charlotte Nicholson – Under 16 400m (1st ACT)
Silver Medal (including 2nd ACT athlete)
- Helen Pretorius – Open 100m (2nd ACT)
- Alesha Bennetts – Under 16 200m
- Alesha Bennetts – Under 16 400m
Bronze Medal (including 3rd ACT athlete)
- Adam Farlow – Open 100m (3rd ACT)
- Adam Farlow – Open 200m (3rd ACT)
- Chandler Leydon – Under 18 100m (3rd ACT)
- Alesha Bennetts – Under 16 400m
- Alesha Bennetts – Under 16 Long Jump
- Alesha Bennetts – Under 16 200m Hurdles
Full results http://members.iinet.net.au/~actathletics/Results/Season2018_19/Championships/T&F_Championships/Web/
The MBD Squad is out in full force over the Australia Day long weekend.
Yesterday a strong group competed at the Wangaratta Gift, part of the Victorian Athletic league circuit, with many pleasing results including
- Sarah Blizzard runner up in the Open 70m
- Ken Telfer runner up in the Masters 300m
- Adam Farlow 4th in the Masters 120m
- Brendan Matthews final of the Open 70m
- Sarah Blizzard final of the Women’s 120m Gift
On Monday the squad will be represented by a large number of athletes in the Canberra Track classic and also the ACT Athletics pre-meet held just before the track classic.
|ACT ATHLETICS PRE MEET
||To be confirmed
||Lesh Bennetts, Charlotte Nicholson
|CANBERRA TRACK CLASSIC
||100m C M
||100m C W
||Holly Abbey, Lesh Bennetts, Charlotte Nicholson
||100m B W
||Tamara Hotten, Sarah Blizzard
||100m A W
||100m A M
||200m B W
||200m B M
||200m A M
Weather is looking good and hopefully there would be a good crowd in attendance to support all the athletes.