The squad has already commenced the season with many new personal bests already being achieved. Over 10 athletes competed this weekend either in Canberra or Sydney.
Early season highlights include:
- Nicholas McEwen – Running multiple PB’s in 100m, 200m, 400m and Long Jump
- Reece Langdon – Knocking 30 seconds off his 1500m PB with a recent 4.00.53 a squad record
- Leigh Bennett – Winning 400m Hurdles at Australian University Games
- Thomas Hobson – taking bronze at Australian University Games in the 400m
- Sarah Blizzard – finalist in the 100m at Australian University Games.
It is also exciting to announce some new members of the squad for 2015-16.
- Jonathan Stefaniak
- Clare de Salis
- Katrina Scaramella
The squad also wishes the following people all the best to have either retired or moved interstate
- Brandan Galic
- Shaun Hargreaves
- Henry Hobson
With 3 weeks until the Queanbeyan Gift the squad is looking forward to a great period of racing after putting in the hard work over the winter.
Stayed tuned to the website and squad Facebook page for updates and results.