Boden run another Commonwealth Games Qualifier
MattyB DEPT. athletes Brendan Cole and Lauren Boden put on a hurdles clinic at the recent Canberra Grand Prix meet at the AIS athletics track.
Lauren Boden won by over 4 seconds in 56.48 which was a B qualifier for the Commonwealth Games. The most exciting aspect of her run was the stride pattern where Lauren ran 14 strides between the 3rd and 4th hurdles which is something very few females in the world do.
Brendan Cole stepped out on the track in the next race and also displayed his dominance with a 2 second victory in a time of 50.97. This was his first hurdle race since running in the semi finals of the World Championships in Berlin. Further improvements are expected over the next few months leading into the Commonwealth Games trials.
In other squad results
- Melissa Breen ran 2nd in the 100m running 11.74 into a strong 2.6m headwind.
- Tarin Nevin ran 6th in the 400m Hurdles in a season best of 63.46
- Derek Collinge ran 8th inthe 400m with a time of 49.23
- Brendan Matthews ran 9th in the A 100m in a time of 11.13 (-1.8w)
- Luke Storta finished 7th in the B 100m in a time of 11.26 (-0.8w)